5.16.18 Tiny Acts of Self Care
Sometimes I try "monthly favorites" on this blog. It's awkward to photograph and always weirdly capitalistically focused which freaks me out. So here's just a little list of the things I've been enjoying lately, no strings attached.
1. I basically drove around absolutely blasting Childish Gambino's "This is America" for 2 weeks nonstop. It's the best and I'm sure you know about it, but it's gotta be on this list.
2. I've been experimenting with Grove for the past few months and, to be honest, I am really impressed. I've been suckered into these service style subscription products before and have always been disappointed, but I've never been so excited about cleaning products in my life. It's so embarrassing how much I love getting Grove boxes.
3. My favorite feel good youtube presence of the past 3 months has been Raw Beauty Kristi. Nothing makes me feel better than strapping in for a 40 minute Kristi Video.
4. Books read and loved this month include: Meaty by Samantha Irby, Everything is Horrible and Wonderful by Stephanie Wittels Wachs, and I'll be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara. SPEAKING OF WHICH...
5. The fact that the Golden State Killer has finally been caught honestly improved my mood drastically for about a week.
6. Been hard blasting Janelle Monae's Dirty Computer since it came out. It's a very good car jam.
7. Uh I go through like two ten packs of these a week. It's embarrassing and I wish I could stop but I cannot.
8. If you're in Rochester, I highly recommend going to Highland Park and seeing the trees and the lilacs in full bloom. I'm not a Lilac Festival person, but man ya gotta see those magnolia trees while you can.
9. This is honestly the best dry shampoo I've ever used and I don't know how I lived without it.
10. I watch... a lot of the Great British Bakeoff. It's the best feel-good show. If I need something light and fluffy and I'm afraid I'm watching GBBO too fast, I watch old episodes of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
11. I'm still getting used to the formula, but the Limecrime Plushies in the color Marmalade is honestly the perfect summer color for me.
Hope you guys enjoyed this format of a favorites style post! Let me know the little stuff you've been doing for self care lately in the comments!