8.31.19 Tiny Acts of Self Care
Hope you guys are doing well. I'm 1000% OVER summer and hoping the weather sends me a fucking break in the next couple of weeks. It's supposed to be 90 degrees here the next week so I'll probably just melt into the concrete floor of the florist warehouse so you can catch me there.
ANYWAYS here's the stuff that's been keeping me cool this month.
1. I've been procrastinating working on the house by getting really into skincare this month. I'm absolutely OBSESSED with the skincare company The Ordinary, despite their kind of odd CEO. He hasn't technically done anything racist, right? He's just kind of unprofessional? Let me know if I missed him making a real big mistake. Anyways I'm absolutely enamored with the AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution and the Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane. I'm definitely placing an order again with them soon. The price point is absolutely astonishing.
2. I have a hard time with music. I can basically only listen to music in the car because it makes me too emotional and weird. The thing I've honestly been listening to the most this month has been the Lord of The Rings Soundtrack, which just soothes my soul in a way I can't explain in human words. When I need music with words I've been listening to Watsky's new single Welcome to the Family (watch the video though. Watsky's videos always kill the game) and Mitski's new album.
3. I'm trying really hard to transition all of my ready to wear shopping to all slow fashion or secondhand. A company I've discovered and become smitten with this month is Dazey LA. I'm totally shocked by their in-house production in LA where most things are made to order. This is totally unheard of in the fashion game. I'm an ambassador of theirs but everything I say is my honest opinion of their products which I bought with my own money. That link is an affiliate link and if you use the code SABLECRAFT at checkout you get 10% off.
4. Sam and I went to go see Three Identical Strangers in theaters this month and it was a real heartbreaker of a must see. I see more movies with my friend Stephanie, including Ocean's 8 and Won't You Be My Neighbor. Actually, I'm pretty sure all the movies I saw this month were slam dunks.
6. I haven't found a ton of TV I've been really into lately. Dark Tourist on Netflix is good, but believe it or not, I've been a little turned off by really dark and gruesome content lately. I accidentally got addicted to Bachelor in Paradise while Sam went on vacation this month and I'm just out here living my best life.
7. I'm not sure if I'm going to continue my book reviews on this blog, let me know how you feel about that. But books I've REALLY enjoyed include Bad Blood by John Carreyrou and Priestdaddy by Patricia Lockwood. You may have noticed that I'm also re-reading all of the Harry Potter books and I'm LIVING for it.
9. I'm not really a political podcast person but I've been super intrigued by the newest season of Slow Burn podcast about Bill Clinton's fall from grace. Also Up and Vanished is back and lord we NEEDED IT.
Let me know what everyone has been enjoying this month!